You are hereForums /

Matt's picture

Prophet for sale

Adam at CBD tells me he wants to sell his Prophet, it's a large with a Prophet 4 build kit and Prophet 3 fork/shock in matte black, my memory fails me but I think he wants just over 3 grand and it's pretty much new. Give him a shout at CBD if you're interested.

Ta.

Caro's picture

Manly Dam Open

Below is a preview, click to read the full post

Update: 4/5

The dam is back open, and by all accounts is looking pretty good.

Update: 28/4

Must be real soggy out there, the sad news is...

Manly Dam bike trail to re-open next friday 4th May.

Thanks again to all those kept off the track.

Update: 24/4

The bike trail at Manly Dam is currently closed due to the rain. Once again we'll send out a note when we've reopened.

Please spread the word to others.

Anyone wishing to be added to the mailing list can email us at:

[email protected]

Thanks, Manly Dam Rangers

Yup - so it's now official.

Flynny's picture

kurrajong MTB Park

Work has started at the old grass cart place.

First stunt in place

http://www.ufomtbimports.com.au/shop...ds/movie0...

nice.

Caro's picture

Red Hill Practice Day "the second"

Hi there!

I was wondering if anybody is interested in repeating this awesome Red Hill Practice Day you guys are reving about?? Smiling

I know it is a bit early but I because I really, really, really want to be there this time, how about Sunday the 13th of May??

It is the weekend after the dirtworks so perfect for a bit of a play Smiling?

What do you think Evan, this is your baby really but I thought a suggestion won't hurt?

Also I can't watch the videos, I guess Wondows 98 is just a tiny bit too old, so I really have to see guys live to believ all the stories!!

Cheers
Carolin

jimnobob's picture

Anyone lost a multi-tool on the Manly Dam?

I was out on the Dam this morning about 6:30 and picked up a multi-tool that somebody had dropped. Was it you? If so then let me know the make and model. This will no doubt be an excellent excuse for me to finally join you lot for a ride.

Also, is it me or is it always more of a struggle to get around the dam early in the morning? Any tips?

Stuart M's picture

Hayes El Camino Trails

Getting tired of the on going saga with the Juicy 5's. Does anyone ride with Hayes El Camino Trail brakes? Can't find any reviews on them other than whats on the Hayes site.

Alex's picture

dirt jumps for dummies (me!)

After making a bit of a tit of myself the other day at the big dirt jumps at red-hill (luckily noone was there to see!) I had some trouble with my positioning coming off all the steep yet smaller jumps than those crazy ones!, and was wondering if anyone has some advice on how to launch? I know a good bit of speed is required, and figuring out how to bunny hop without clipless pedals has been helpful, but should you keep your body weight back, or throw it forward like when bunny hopping?

Rob's picture

Anzac Day Ride

Stoopid question:

Anyone up for an outing on Anzac Day?

Expecting answer along the lines: "Do bears shi..." Eye-wink

Haven't been down to the Royal NP for a while, any takers for that 35K loop round there? Andersons? Narrow Neck? Hanging Rock (plus others - I hear it's a bit short)?

If I can talk the GF into it and the day is nice a very leisurely ride along Narrow Neck might be the winning choice as part of a relaxing day in the mtns.

Or any other suggestions?

Stuart M's picture

Canberra June Long Weekend At Last!!

At long long last Bernd, Dave and I have finally agreed on a weekend the three of us can get down to Canberra, yep you guessed it, the June long weekend, (8th, 9th, 10th &11th, the actual public holiday for those of you without a calendar) Sorry I know this may not be good for some but short of the Dirtworks weekend, which I knew would not be good for most, this was the earliest we could all do it. It also fits in nicely between Dirtworks and Coffs Harbour

Matt's picture

Frame refinishing

I'm thinking of a frame blast and powdercoat for a birthday N+1 substitute. Does anyone know somebody in Sydney who'd do a good job?

The Heckler's looking a bit tired in spots where the anodised silver finish is starting to wear off. I'm not after anything too flash just a gloss black finish or (not sure whether this is harder or easier but) a polished metal finish.

Ta,
Matt.

Rob's picture

Manly Dam Re-Opened

Update: (on April 12th):

Thanks again to everyone who kept off the track during and after this wet period.
Nicole McVicar
Park Ranger
Manly Dam

For further information on Manly Dam visit:
www.warringah.nsw.gov.au/community/manly_dam.aspx

Rob's picture

Free MTB Movies

For those with bandwidth and time to kill, a few free & legal downloads are about:

STUND VISIONS "Bringing the wheels to the web". These guys appear to be taking a winter break, but the 5 shows up there are well worth a watch.

Pinbike Videos have a whole load more trailers and stuff too.

Noticed this today, BA have a link to a top short (16 min) movie up on their site for download:

Little-Ditty's picture

Any interest in a Marramarra ride?

Hi all,

There had been some discussion recently about a ride at Marramarra, stemming from Sprocket's initial idea here:
http://nobmob.com/node/1535

Seeing this sounded like a cool ride, I checked out the Rob's trail review, listed here:
http://nobmob.com/rides/marramarra

From what I read, this ride caters for all experience levels, with a decent mix of single trails and fire trails. And the pictures of the trail look very enticing. The highly technical decent towards the creek does sound pretty awesome.

Alex's picture

easter sat arvo ride redhill/oxford/terry hills

anyone interested in doing a ride in one of the above places tomorrow arvo? thinking of scrapping the mooney arvo session due to lack of interest!- im thinking maybe a loop of redhill-oxford at around 2pm? or terry hills out the long trail and back

Matt's picture

Red Hill Friday

Anyone heading to Red Hill/Oxford Falls on mid-morning Friday? I'm thinking of a loop round the two starting at the Sport & Rec at 10'ish.

pikey's picture

Bike Service???

Again?

Rob, In my industry (Air Con) we have a sales formula that if you’re spending aprox 1/2 the $ on getting your A/C fixed in one year than it would cost to buy a new one then its time for a new one!

Just a thought! Sad

Greg

Ian's picture

Are UST/tubeless wheels worth the hype?

I'm thinking about building a new set of wheels for my MTB, because, well, I like building wheels. More sensibly, my old cheapies are getting knocked out of true regularly and I'm sick of tweaking them.

I'm having a little trouble deciding whether to go for UST or tubed rims. As far as I can tell, the advantages of UST are:
- no pinchflats (increased risk of rim damage)
- can run lower pressure (increased risk of air 'burp' and tyre squirm when cornering)
- reduced weight due to no tubes/rim tape (increased weight of rim and tyre)
- improved 'ride quality'

Stuart M's picture

Those Cycle Ways are very close

Rob those cycle ways you eluded to are almost complete. I drive through the Ryde / Macquarie Park area atleast twice a day. Part of the Lane Cove Tunnel work is the building of cycle ways alone Epping Rd. These are basically on the footpath that is now wide enough to drive semi trailers down. They even have lanes marked on them and you get your own set of lights at crossings. The section over the Lane Cove River doesn't look finished yet but I understand all the rest is just about done.

Tanya's picture

Easter Monday Ride?

Does anyone have any thoughts on a ride for Monday? I'm trying to get a couple of rides in this weekend. I'd love to go to Ourimbah (only for the XC though) if anyone else wants to come...or would be keen to try the XC at Oxford Falls, but have only done it once before and think I had to walk a lot. I think I'd get lost alone.

Suggestions?

Tanya's picture

Recommend a shop to service the bike?

Hi Guys,
Can anyone recommend somewhere for servicing? I will otherwise go to Bike Addiction in Manly and I would think they will be pretty good but I haven't been there before and also have no idea what it will cost. Any suggestions/advice?? (I live in Mona Vale)

And just generally....is there somewhere in the forums with some basic stuff about what to do to care for the bike? I wash it and oil it back up again after most rides...but realise when people talk about casette brushes on their drive chains (Rob) that I have NO idea what they are talking about!

Rob's picture

Embarrasing Moments in MTB

Here's a story that might serve as a warning to some...

The title of this post was to be, "Rare Moments in MTB", for tonight I washed the Jekyll. Normally I don't much care what it looks like so only give the drive train a thorough clean. You know, cassette brush, chain scrubber, etc, etc. What this means is the rest of the bike is typically very dry, and the following doesn't happen:

Living in a unit as I do, the washing takes place a floor or two above the car space where Mr Jekyll lives. It's a nice quick zap down a couple of ramps to there... normally fun, but not this time.

Tanya's picture

Canberra Weekend

I brought this up a few months ago now and Bernd was planning to get something organised. Wondering if people are still keen and want to get a weekend sorted out on the calendar.

So who is interested and let's start talking about when, where exactly (Majura, Sparrow Hill, Stromlo, others?) and where to stay.

I'm so keen I just can't wait anymore. If you want to check out what rides there are in the area CORC has a great site with all the local rides. http://www.corc.asn.au/trails/

Post your interest and suggestions!
Tanya

demonine's picture

Secure bike parking in Sydney

Folks,

I'm wondering if there's any secure bike parking available in the CBD. The parking at my work location (201 Sussex St) is fairly pitiful and although the security guard (aka parking attendant) claims it's secure I am highly suspicious.

Further, a lot of the available parking in the city is not well suited to modern dual suspension mountain bikes.

Now here's some bike parking taken seriously:

North Sydney bike parking

Carty's picture

Trails in Lane Cove National Park (e.g. West Pymble) weekday arvos or Sundays?

Im in West Pymble and am looking if there are any local riders that do the trails through the Lane Cove National Park. I ride reguarly and am keen to go for a quick trail after work.
Getting bored riding by myself as my mates dont have bikes they can trust on the trails.
I have footy training on Wed nights and play on Sat but would be keen to hit the trails untill the sun comes down most arvos if anyone's interested.

Carty

Best Mountain Bike