You are hereForums /

Truthman's picture

Sat 3rd March, 3pm @ Cromer for 55km loop

Below is a preview, click to read the full post

Starting to train a bit more, since registered for the Dirt Works 100...

We are going on a ride this Saturday afternoon at 3pm, between 50 and 60km.
Anybody who is interested is welcome to come along?

Ride plan:
Start at Cromer->Red Hill->Oxford Falls->Belrose->St Ives->Terrey Hills->Ingleside (Bahai Temple)-> Deep Creek -> Narrabeen Lake-> Cromer

Majority will be off-Road trails, some trail linking along roads. Plenty of fire trails, single track, downhills, and other fun stuff...

Meeting here in Cromer at 3.00pm, for a 3.15pm departure. Should be back before 8pm.

Probably a good idea to bring a snack, and plenty of water.

Ian's picture

Sydney 24 hour

So the Sydney 24 Hour for 2007 has finally been announced:

http://www.brightorangeevents.com/BOE_24_Main.htm

I've done this race for the last two years (once in a team of six, once solo) and am eager to go again - but not as a solo!

Does anyone want to get a team together? I don't intend to be super-competitive - just go out and have some fun.

Matt's picture

Sunday Arvo

Bit of a scatter I know but anyone heading to Menai/RNP/Red Hill on Sunday Arvo? Keen for a ride at any of those spots, though with the first two I'm not too au fait with the trails.

Ta,
Matt.

Alex's picture

coffs trip- returned, update on trails

Hey all back from coffs, was too busy enjoying the beach and cocktails to do do much biking, but following the directions of a couple of guys on farkin, I found the most amazing downhill those guys run- basically you go from pacific highway, about 5-10 mins drive nth of coffs, and turn left down bucca rd..stard ascending up (car is a must, we went in a van but a 4wd would be a good idea further on!) then next left to central bucca rd., then keep going a while and finally a right into Mt Coramba Rd., from here its a steep spirally ascent on gravel/fire traily rd up, and up, and up..all the while you can see the single track winding along the sides of the road and then back into the scrub.. try to imagine Towers at ourimbah, 2 times steeper and probably 3-4 times the height! -then you follow this road all the way to the top- where u reach a view with the only pic i took! (soz camera was busted)-will post soon..to the very top..then find the single trail starting at the top (which starts with a ridiculously steep and ledgey single trail, which then smooths out to a steep flowing single track windy and switchbacky, jumps, drops, bridges (a bit north shore style), crossing fire trails, burms, and its beautifully carved right down the side of a mountain- all with b lines that are equally fun, and are clearly signposted at the highly dangerous bits- but nothing as crazy as say, lizard rock..breathtaking views too,- and the trails were so damn fast, was hitting 65kph on some sections!! Highly reccomend!

lonhro's picture

Disc brake help

I've taken my front wheel off and now can't get it back on because the disc brake pads have joined together. I've tried to wedge them apart and don't want to force the rotor in case it damages something.

I'm only new to disc brakes - Any ideas on how to get the wheel back on?

Ian G's picture

New eye wear?

Hi guys

Can anyone offer any advice on a new pair of sunnies for riding in. They need to have interchangable lenses for different light conditions and not cost a million bucks. Any advice greatly received.

Little-Ditty's picture

Sunday 4 March - Manly Dam at 9:00 a.m.

Hello all,

Possibly we may end up being too tired from Ourimbah. Or possibly the weather may destroy all our best laid plans. But for Sunday morning, I was planning on doing a lap around Manly Dam at 9:00 a.m. As an indication, I would doubt this will be the fastest lap I will ever do at Manly.

Weather forecast that day is for hot conditions. So best to get the ride out of the way early. Park at the lower Hydro Labs carpark. Call the mobi if you are a late arrival.

Hope to see you all there!

Liam
0438 885 410

Justin's picture

SOLD Who want's a giant reign 2?

Hi all, just to let you know this has been SOLD!

Thanks for your interest

lonhro's picture

petefagerlin.com

I know he's been around for a while, has anyone checked out any of his videos? They're bloody excellent some of them.

Aleksey's picture

Mountain biking trainings and lessons

I am new in MTB and i want to find coach for personal or group training (trails) . Tell me about your expirience in begining .

Rob's picture

Pre-war Cyclocross

This link appeared on MTB-OZ over the weekend, thought it too good not to share:

http://www.blackbirdsf.org/cx/

Later on, you can see two riders (2 & 3) emerging from the rocky forest, where they were probably chased by bears hired by the organizers. That's how hard these guys were.

LOL

Stuart M's picture

Wednesday 28th night ride

Ok so 10km at Yellowmundee just doesn't count which means no ride for me for over two weeks, I'm going stir crazy.

The boss is away tomorrow night and Tuesday its the boys 1st birthday so Wednesday it is for me.

Terry Hills for about a 7.30 start
Perimeter and Long tracks, hear the sand has settled a little with the rain.
Now I haven't ridden for two weeks so I'll be even a little less super quick than usual but will aim for a ride time of around 1.40, happy to ride through as usual.

Do the usual if you wnt to join me.

Stuart

PS Rob, if you come bring the camera, you know why,

craigs's picture

Saturday 23rd ride - Anyone??

Anyone riding Saturday?

I am keen for a ride, thinking mid morning but flexible.... no real preference for location.
Any takers?

Craig

kevin's picture

dislocated finger

Yesterday as I was venturing around manly dam I had a fall at low speed while dodging a rock at the back of the golf course. I landed hand out stretched and dislocated my middle finger.
The pain was by far outweighed by the appearance of my finger which was now on a very strange angle. This had never happened before and I wasn’t sure what to do. Should I go back the way I came and find a doctor? Or attempt to put the finger back in myself? So I grabbed my finger and pulled and it slipped back in and I very carefully finished my ride.
I was wondering if anyone else has had this experience and if there are gloves that will help prevent this. The obvious solution would be, 'don’t fall like that' but %%%t happens.

evan's picture

Red Hill - 7am Start Sun 25th - Car Park

Quick heads up for those interested Bruce and I are hitting Red Hill.
We will be doing the single track that starts at the end of Mr Motocross.

Evan

Little-Ditty's picture

Lithgow ride? Sun 1st April

Okay, it seems we have some interest for an out-of-town ride at Lithgow. It appears that some of us have been out there before and know the trails. They sound pretty good. A few of the local haunts have been kindly researched and posted here:

http://nobmob.com/node/1338

Thanks for the material on that.

I was thinking we should travel out there one weekend and have a look around. I am always on the lookout for a new ride. But at this stage I am just gauging interest! Let me know if you would want to get out there.

Hope to hear from you.

lorrie's picture

Oaks Firetrail Sunday 25th

Hi Everyone,

A few of us will be doing the Oaks Firetrail on Sunday 25th

Time: Meet at the carpark for Glenbrook at 7.45am ish, I'll be in the blue Ford Falcon
Train: Catch the 8.23am train from Glenbrook to Woodford, if you want to catch the train from Central it leaves at 7.18am. If you catch the central train let me know so that we can look for you at Woodford train station.
Ride: One way from Woodford to Glenbrook

I wont say much about the ride but as most have already done it, check out the other sections on this website for a review.

Andrew

0430 117 270

MTY's picture

Pre and Post Riding Stretches.

I'm interested in finding out what stretches, if any, other people do before and/or after a ride?

Before
I usually ride on the road for about 5Km's to get to the track as a warm up.
I do some stretches that focus on my calf's, hammies, back and shoulders.

After
I repeat the same, but concentrate mostly on stretching out my legs.

Matt's picture

Goin' bl00dy fast this Friday arvo?

Back from NZ with a vengeance and some new skills (and newly [healed and] padded up) I'm planning a few fast laps this Friday arvo, probably two or more laps of Manly Dam at 2.30'ish from the Hydraulics lab.

Could go for one medium pace warm-up lap and then a fast one to test the legs out.

Feel free to join me, just let me know.

Ta,
Matt.

lonhro's picture

Solo rides

Can anyone suggest any good rides for me to do on my own during the week (work most weekends Sad ) I'm only just getting back into it after a few years but am still of reasonable level fitness. Also, I've never ridden on the N-Beaches before...

Thanks
Adam

Aleksey's picture

Advices for beginners

Help please to choose trail bike for beginner with budjet of 1300$(what about GT avalanche , trek 6000 , mongoose amasa elite . are they good for trails like manly dam? )

Rob's picture

Thu 22 Feb - Night Ride

Bike is in the shop otherwise I'd join the night ride tomorrow.

Given that, anyone feel like something Thursday evening? How about a cheeky couple of laps of Manly Dam? Perhaps even a 7pm meet/7:15 start to get one light, one dark-ish?

Or talk us into Cascades from Wyatt/Ralston.

christine's picture

night ride tomorrow...

Hello!
Is anyone keen to ride tomorrow night? Tuesday...usual place, Terrey Hills etc...a friends husband has signed up for Dirtworks and says he is coming – he is fast so you ‘roid boys will be happy – I won’t!!
(however...I did buy an extra light yesterday so will be able to see better –I was sprung by Rob in BA)
7 for a 7.30 start - although, the days are a bit shorter so am happy for a 7.15 ride out if you all are...

MEEE Smiling

David F's picture

Yellowmundie

Hi Tien After you see the big green sign pointing left to Springwood, turn left and follow the road to the base of the mountain, where you will see a set of power transmission towers, and a driveway on the left, where you will see my white landrover, as I am getting there early. Cheers Dave

dartzy's picture

mtb in the kangaroo Valley

i am at the kangaroo valley for school and im riding in all my spare time.

there are Awsome xc trails here (quite technical). i will submit some pics when i get a new camera(my old one got drenche in the big rains latley and dosnt turn on)

hows Manly dam trail going (any changes) it would be quite wet i imagine

anyway , reply if you want

(hi tim28)

michael D

Best Mountain Bike