You are hereForums /

paulg's picture

Saturday 15th July - Red Hill anyone?

Hi,

Pretty new to the boards, but is anyone interested in a ride at Red Hill on Saturday? Morning or afternoon is fine with me.

I have ridden there a few times so I sort of know my way around – well, I’m sure I can find my way out....

Experience wise I’m intermediate at best, but do enjoy some of the drops.

Let me know.

Cheers,

Paul

Rob's picture

Sun 16 July - SUAR!

Just a quick one... looks like I will be joining the SUAR guys on Sunday morning. This is an insanely early start in Fiddletown and will be quiet a serious deal.

Appologies to miss out on any local festivities, there might be something gentle planned on Saturday but I'm leaving that post to Justin Eye-wink

Cheers,

Rob

Tim28's picture

Jump track at Seaforth

Below is a preview, click to read the full post

Hey guys, well this is my first post so I hope that I have done it right. I just wanted to tell some people about a huge jump park made up at Seforth. Me and my brother were riding there just this arvo.

The track is near Seaforth Public school in one of the side tracks. It is not that hard to spot the tracks however you have to follow them for a bit to be able to see the actuall course. (DO NOT DO THIS AT SPEED)Some these jumps are about 7-9 foot!! its hard to tell on the rough course.

Now you may ask why am I posting a topic on Dirt jumping on a Mountain Bike site? well the reason is that there are many smaller kickers which are more skill jumps which let you get a better feel for your bike and help with balance and coordination in those tight spots. That was the main reason that I thought that i would post this. It can be an assett when you are just about to drop down a 4-5 footer and you know that you are going to stay on your bike even if you do clip that root over there.

Heckler's picture

West Head Sat 8th 8:30am

Meet at Towlers Bay car park at 8:30 am Sat.
Ride Salvation/Wallaroo trails then for those keen Towlers trail.
These trails should be drier than most due to good run-offs

C U There
Jeff
Note: ride cancelled IF raining.

Rob's picture

Sat 8 July - Terrey Hills

Hi,

I think Christine mentioned she might be doing TH/OF this weekend. Well, I'm throwing up the former as a preference.

Saturday 8 July, 9am. Meet at Terrey Hills Shops on Booralie Road.

This will be a slow-ish ride, along Perimeter/Long Trails (24Km firetrail) so don't be shy if you haven't been out there before. Read about Terrey Hills here.

We won't be there if it's raining on the day, but most of this drains well so don't worry about rain beforehand.

See you there Smiling

christine's picture

Manly Dam

Hello
I would really like to do the Manly Dam ride but I don’t have a clue about it – I know everyone says you can’t get lost but I think I could – would anyone be at all interested in doing a ride there on the weekend?

MEEE Smiling

ianm's picture

Yellowmundee - Suitable for kids?

I'm planning to take the kids out to Yellowmundee tomorrow afternoon, but I haven't been there before. Is there anything suitable for kids? Mine are 11, 7 and 5 (the future athlete!). I've taken them on short rides before, not too technical, not too steep (up or down!) Should I go, or think of something else?

Ian

Peter R's picture

Sunday - 2 July 2006. Morgan Rd. Downhill and cross country loop

Sun 2 July. 8.30am - meet Morgan Rd (carpark at bend in road).
Downhill and cross country.
no go if wet.
Peter 0405357460

Stuart M's picture

Sunday July 2nd

Anyone riding tomorrow morning, or anyone interested in a slowish lap of Manly early tomorrow morning, would like a 7 to 7.30 start?

celia's picture

Six foot track epic in the name of fun

Organisation has emerged from yesterdays discussion regarding a visit to the 6ft track.

Here is a ride to make legs hurt and guts vanish - All Welcome!

Date: Sunday 30th July

Time: If catching a train, meet at Blackheath at 8:05am (the 5:48 from Central station).

If driving, 9 o'clock at Old Ford Reserve. Located at the bottom of Megalong Road near (south of) the corner with Nellies Glen Road, It's at the bottom of the valley, a bit before packsaddlers. For Garmin nerds NPWS has provided this Lat/Long: 33.7315,150.2350

The Plan: From Megalong Valley to Jenolan and back (just under 40km each way). If there's a group of us then we may have to aim for a Mini Mini turnaround (around 20km each way) so we return before dark.

Rob's picture

Sat 1 July - Arvo?

Hi, anyone up for something on Saturday arvo?

I see some guys have taken to riding in the afternoon, and to be honest this looks like a good plan this week - I need to catch up on my beauty sleep Eye-wink

Don't care where, but if Cascades is the target wouldn't mind going and looking for the DH track discussed here:

http://nobmob.com/rides/cascades#comment-293

mitch_f1's picture

Next training day @ St Ives showground?

Hey
Been thinking. The moto-x park at the showground is open to everyone, and it is an excellent place to hone biking skills; it has the teeter-toter, jumps, rocky decents, fast corners, slow corners, and the short x-country course which is short but sweet. It would be great for timed laps (there is 2 courses and many variations of each to use) and practise in some of the more basic skills, and just general fun jumping and speeding.

Just putting it foward.

Mitch

Heckler's picture

Sun 25th EAST Terry Hills

Meet at Terry Hills shops 1:00pm
This ride consists of a new trail as well as Duck Ponds & Central Trails to form a loop
of sorts.
Time to stretch the legs after the rain!

C U There
Jeff

Stuart M's picture

Yellowmundee Saturday 24th June

Given the amount of rain we have had over the last couple of weeks and the amount forecast to fall between now and the weekend, particularly along the coast, I was thinking of heading inland a little to ride at Yellowmunde this Saturday. It is located at the foot of the mountains, roughly half way between Penrith and Richmond but on the other side of the river. For directions go to http://www.wsmtb.com/xc.shtml Should be alot drier than anything we have on offer at the moment.

Please note this is a tentative ride only at the moment. WSMTB are holding an 8hr event there the following weekend and I have sent them an e-mail to check that the trails are open and not closed for maintenance in prep for the following weekend.

Rob's picture

Day trip to Ourimbah?

Here's a coincidence... (or is it?):

Our poll about days away now has Ourimbah as a leader, and as luck would have it, everyone's favourite mapping tool now has hi-res pictures of the area. As such, I slapped together a couple of rough maps:

Ourimbah Overview - shows the whole area.
Ourimbah Downhill - shows that small area in the north with all the good stuff.

This was mostly done from investigation on topo maps, and it looks although a couple of healthy circuits can be made to compliment the downhill fun we all know is in here someplace.

Bernd's picture

Thanks Rob

Thanks, for puting the pic's on the page so fast.
We had a good day on Sunday.
Bernd

mitch_f1's picture

Sat 24th Cascades?

Hey
Just wondering if anyone was up to a ride on the 24th.

Starting @ 8:30am from Douglas St entry. I'm open to suggestions as to routes to take.

Weather permitting (it hasn't so far :S) I will bring my camera.

Mitch

craigs's picture

Saturday 17th ride - Anyone?

Anyone up for a Saturday morning ride?
Dont care which of the usual spots just call me by 8am....

Craig 0402896808

Rob's picture

Great Rides?

This site was featured in SMH yesterday:

http://www.greatrides.com.au/

Mostly down South, and road based by the looks, but looks like it might be a nice easy ride if you have a week or so to kill Eye-wink

pikey's picture

Technical Training Day, Red Hill (Session II)

Sun 18th June 2006 8:30am (Carpark) Lady Penrhyn Drive, Beacon Hill.

Subject: Slow and easy!

Could anybody with a digital video camera please bring it along as we need to improve the quality of our collective teaching and action shots.

Thanks

Greg (Pikey)
0431 703 266

Rob's picture

NSW State Forests

Just stumbled across this rather useful page on the Forests NSW site maybe worth sharing:

http://www.forest.nsw.gov.au/recreation/default.asp

In particular, check out this flyer on MTB trails they have going on down south, looks nicely organised and would like to see more of this:

http://www.forest.nsw.gov.au/recreation/bondi/mo...

I was actually looking for details on Awaba State Forest after seeing that Amazon Run vid on the BA site. Looks rather cool and see they had some NSW DH state championships there last year (10/7/2005). Anyhow, Awaba, it turns out is NE of Watagans NP off the Sydney/Newcastle freeway, perhaps another hour north of Ourimbah.

christine's picture

help wanted

hello,
if anyone out there is feeling particularly patient, has a sense of humour and a spare hour over the weekend i was wondering if they would be at all interested in teaching me some techinical stuff on my bike...it's a hardtail which i have only had a week!
i am leaving work now but my mobile number is 0414 534 141
hope everyone has a great weekend and a fabulous trip to Justin and Liz.

christine

Rob's picture

Sat 10th - Something short

Given the plan (totally disconnected from Greg's crazy suggestion) I have for Sunday not up for a long ride on Saturday either.

Would be interested in doing something short and given it's meant to be quick, start at 9am as time won't be an issue. At the moment I have Morgan Road (Little Moab + XC + maybe Moon Rocks) in mind, although could be talked into a lap of the Dam.

Will be at the usual Morgan Road meeting point 9am then. Drop a reply or I won't be waiting around for anyone.

Won't be out if it's raining.

Rob

pikey's picture

This long weekend rides

This weekend I need at least one long (low impact) ride.

I would like to suggest a local trip along these lines.

1. Start (park car) end of Wyatt Ave, Belrose, at power grid station entrance.
2. Head all the way past the nice big isolated house to the technical drop at the far western end of the newly proposed council netball courts (Grrr!).
3. Continue through Cascades north up to and through the tip.
4. Travel thought the tip all the way past St Ives Showground via Mona Vale Rd to the Terry Hills shops.
5. Complete all possible Terry Hills tracks.
6. Then head down to Duck Ponds and back onto Mona Vale Rd.

Best Mountain Bike