Yellomundee Lantana Lash
The meeting times are 'ready to ride'. If you need time to prepare equipment then please arrive a few minutes earlier.
There's a car park (click for foggy picture) on Springwood Road - just down the way from Hawkesbury Heights if you're looking for a suburb name.
Yellomundee April Lantana Lash!
Have you ever been spiked when riding past some Lantana at Yellomundee Regional Park? Well here’s a chance to extract some revenge!
NPWS in conjunction with WSMTB and BMORC are holding the inaugural Lantana Lash for MTB riders. We aim to clear a significant area close to the MTB tracks, and help stop the further spread of Lantana in the Park. Details are:
• When: Saturday 14 April, 2012, from 8am to about midday (but anytime you have free would be greatly appreciated).
• Where: Meet at Yellomundee RP top gate (ie where we normally drive in for races)
• Wear: Boots, long trousers and long sleeved shirts. NPWS will provide gloves, but bring some if you have them.
• Tools: Bring loppers and cutters. NPWS will provide some tools, and chemicals.
• Lunch: NPWS will be kindly providing a great BBQ lunch.
• Contact: Please contact Ray Rice at email@example.com if you can come. (mob 0419 495 150)
This is a great opportunity for ALL MTB RIDERS WHO USE YELLOMUNDEE to demonstrate that we care for the Park. It will also be an opportunity to meet with members of the Yellomundee Aboriginal Community Workshop and discuss how we can work together for a better Park.
It’s time to give something back - see you there.
Were you there and have a story to tell?