Canberra June Long Weekend At Last!!
At long long last Bernd, Dave and I have finally agreed on a weekend the three of us can get down to Canberra, yep you guessed it, the June long weekend, (8th, 9th, 10th &11th, the actual public holiday for those of you without a calendar) Sorry I know this may not be good for some but short of the Dirtworks weekend, which I knew would not be good for most, this was the earliest we could all do it. It also fits in nicely between Dirtworks and Coffs Harbour
So what's planned. At the moment we're going down Friday morning, coming back Monday arvo, not too late though as it is also openning weekend of the ski season so traffic will be a b$%#h.
Our thoughts at the moment are
- Friday arvo (day off work) at Stromlow. At the moment only the xc is open and I figure with it still being so new the weekend will get very busy.
- Saturday, all day, at Sparrow Hill. Probably 9.30am start so anyone coming from Sydney will have time to join us. Spend the morning exploring, getting familiar, BBQ lunch (well atleast cold sausage sanga's) play in the arvo or roid boys can hit out another lap or two. Lots to do here and can be done in segments so a day probably won't be long enough.
- Sunday, late start at Majura Pines. Never been so don't know what will be on the cards but again possible a full day.
- Monday, the actual public holiday) head home, early but not too early. Ride at Kowen (I think thats right) on the way home. Again leave early to beat the traffic.
- How could NobMob go that far and not fit in a night ride. This one we'll leave open. I think probably Sunday would be the best bet, too long a day Saturday particularly for those heading down from Sydney and I think Friday would be no good as I don't think any of us know the trails well enough to be night riding them, remember its easy to get lost in pine forests, strangely enough everything looks the same.
Accommodation - sorry but at the moment its still very much up in the air, still not sure if the town house is available or even if we can squeeze in more people than there are beds. As it is I think we already have more people committed than it will sleep, we really should check with each other before talking to others.
So what do you think?
Have put this up as a tentative at the moment as we are open to ride suggestions, sorry but this date is a definite ( happy to go again with anyone that can't make this one) Once we have a good consensus on ride locations I will post individual rides for each so that people can come and go as they please, who knows we may have some CORC "lurkers" happy to show us around.