You are hereCalendar / Stevens Bikes Husky100 MTB Marathon

Stevens Bikes Husky100 MTB Marathon


kerbs's picture

By kerbs - Posted on 11 June 2014

Note that this ride is Cancelled.
When: 
Saturday, 13 December, 2014 - 07:00

The meeting times are 'ready to ride'. If you need time to prepare equipment then please arrive a few minutes earlier.

Duration: 
8 hours
Come Rain or Shine: 
I'll be there, no matter what the weather.
Ride Database Entry: 
Nowra/Currambene State Forest
Meeting Point: 

Callala Beach RSL Country Club

Show on Google maps: Meeting point. Login or register to get directions.
Details:

The tranquil waters of Jervis Bay and the township of Callala Beach play host to this classic Australian Mountain Bike Marathon. Since commencing in 2010, the Stevens Bikes Husky 100 has gained wide spread accolades as the most enjoyable, laid-back and achievable marathon on the Australian MTB Endurance Calendar.

Whilst some compete for cash prizes or a category win, most ride the Husky to experience the warmth and vibrancy that only “the Husky” can provide. Win a great prize for dressing up, falling down or even riding a bike with a difference. No matter what your reason to ride, each competitor has a chance to pick up a fantastic Stevens Mountain Bike for simply showing up and having a go.

Nestled just a short drive from both Sydney and Canberra, the Stevens Bikes Husky 100 takes advantage of the great single track throughout the Currambene and Nowra State Forests, the likes of Coondoo, Superbowl, and the Butterfly Track – as well as other fantastic trails in the area. The course provides a great contrast of beach and bush, a bit of sand, a bit of mud, and a whole heap of dirty bliss, in a journey that will see you grinning from ear to ear!

See you on December 13th for the Stevens Bikes Husky 100!

Who's in?
Lach, Brian, CB, twotommos, kerbs, Jubas, Jamesy (7 riders)
Lach Brian CB twotommos kerbs Jubas Jamesy
What Happened?

Were you there and have a story to tell?

Ride Gallery
Lach's picture

... the weather forecast is not looking great and from their FB posts over the weekend, there was already a LOT of water in the low lying areas of the course.

Jonny's picture

They just updated Facebook to say a decision would be made by midday tomorrow

StanTheMan's picture

I'm hoping for a cancellation. I just picked up the flu over the weekend....feeling like shite

GarethP's picture

Looks like it's postponed:

http://p0.vresp.com/ndtlXV

Lach's picture

... how sympathetic the local accommodation providers are.

StanTheMan's picture

It is out of their control. I have3nt had a response as yet.

Jubas's picture

Just spoke with Myola camp ground where i'd hired a camping site, and they're going to move my reservation to whichever weekend the husky ends up being on

The lady said that she'd heard the current thinking was towards the end of February, but it's certainly not confirmed just yet

She's actually just going to move my accommodation around as the race's date changes which I thought was nice Smiling

Lach's picture

... about a likely date for this to be re-scheduled? Trying to plan Feb / Mar right now.......

sly_artichoke's picture

... announcement on or before 14th Jan. So sit tight.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Best Mountain Bike